Standards and requirements
Max CO2 concentration
Requirements and standards
– European standard for indoor environmental input parameters for design and assessment of energy performance of buildings addressing indoor air quality, thermal environment, lighting and acoustics.
– Technical report: Ventilation for buildings – Design criteria for the indoor environment
– Calculation of airflow rate based on a selected maximum CO
Maximum airflow rate
– Estimation of CO
concentration based on a selected maximum airflow rate.
EN15251 - Perceived air quality:
Category 1 - High indoor air quality (15 % dissatisfied)
Category 2 - Good indoor air quality (20 % dissatisfied)
Category 3 - Moderate indoor air quality (30 % dissatisfied)
The building´s release of pollutants?
When indoor building materials and furniture have an emission classification label, the indoor climate can be assumed to be low polluted.
Number of people in the room?
What is the activity level in the room?
A typical average activity level is 1,2 met when designing ventilation for offices, schools etc.
The following table lists various activity levels.
- Lying down
- Sitting, relaxed
- Standing, relaxed
- Work, sitting down (office, school, lab)
By og Byg anvisning 202, Naturlig ventilation i erhvervsbygninger: beregning og dimensionering (DK).
CR 1752, Ventilation for buildings – Design criteria for the indoor environment.
Outside air CO2 concentration level?
//UdendÃ¸rs CO2 koncentration?>
How contaminated is the air outside the building?
– small city/country side: 350 ppm
- middle-sized city: 380 ppm
– Big city: 410 ppm